Thursday, December 3, 2009

Holiday Challenge Day 3 - Pretzel-Rolo-Pecan "Turtles"


When I initially decided to endeavor upon this challenge, I knew I was going to have to throw myself a proverbial bone or two along the way so I'd make it through 24 days of non-stop baking.  This recipe is one of those "bones" (and yes, I realize we are only at Day 3, but I'm trying to pace myself), because in all truth what will take you the most time is unwrapping each individual Rolo. 

Directions for these are all over the internet - I'm not sure what their official name is, but I think "turtle" is probably the most accurate description.  Call them whatever you want, though, because no matter what you call them, these little sweet & salty creations are downright addictive!  I personally call them "gone".  Hah.  Joking.  They're not gone (at least not yet).

Pretzel-Rolo-Pecan "Turtles"
Makes 56

1 bag mini pretzels
1 13-ounce package Rolo candies
1 package pecan halves

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place pretzels on sheet in a single layer.  Place one Rolo on top of each pretzel.  Bake at 400 for 2 minutes or until Rolos are soft.  Remove from oven.  Place pecan half on top of each Rolo, pressing down to flatten.  Cover, then place in refrigerator until chocolate is firm.  Makes approximately 56 candies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment